I got this email from my dad and I thought I’d share it since it is so true.
Conservative vs. Liberal
On gun control:
- If a conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn’t buy one.
- If a liberal doesn’t like guns, he feels that no one should have one.
On animal rights:
- If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn’t eat meat.
- If a liberal is, he wants to ban all meat products for everyone.
On national and personal defense:
- If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
- A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.
On gay rights:
- If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
- If a liberal is homosexual, he loudly demands legislated respect.
On reparations and affirmative action:
- If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
- Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.
- If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
- A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.
On free speech:
- If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches channels.
- Liberals demand that those they don’t like be shut down.
On freedom of religion
- If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church.
- A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God or religion silenced.
- If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
- A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
Throwing this in as a bonus:
- Calling an illegal alien an “undocumented immigrant” is like calling a drug dealer an “unlicensed pharmacist.” – Author Unknown